Monday, May 21, 2007

Release

Thank you for checking back to see if I have once again posted.

Whatever Thing
by Christena Graves

Whatever thing that I have carried in this place
That will keep me from you, I will lay it at your feet
Whatever burden I have carried for so long
That will keep me from seeing you, I will lay it down right now

All of the things that are cluttering my mind
I will push them far from here, And listen for your voice
All of the pain that I am carrying inside, I will hand it to you
You will take it, set me free, I will fly

I need to hear you speak to me, And I want to feel you in this place
You long to take me in your arms of love,
So take me in your arms of love

Peter and I have decided that May 27th will be our last Sunday at Abbey Way Covenant Church. We did not release that information to the church until this morning so yesterday was a day of sadness and tension for me.

During our worship we sang the above song. I found myself reading it again many times. It became a prayer of release for myself and for Abbey Way.

I am still drawn with the deep stuff of my heart toward Benedictine values and practices. I long to build relational, earthy, cooperative, new-monastic community! Aaargh! Following one's heart is such a risky business!

1 comment:

pearl said...

In reading your blog and others', I've really seen what an incredible experience Abbey Way has been for all of you. What a big decision for your family! I'm sad you are at an end, but I don't need to tell you follow God's leading!!